Baked Salmon Steaks with Pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet over medium-low heat melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add the pecans and cook for a few minutes just until lightly browned and aromatic. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Melt remaining 6 tablespoons of butter in the skillet; add the parsley and zest of about half of the lemon.
- Place salmon steaks on an oiled foil-covered broiler pan. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of wine over each steak then sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Spoon some of the butter and parsley mixture over each steak.
- Bake for about 15 minutes turning once if using steaks or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Sprinkle with pecans, chopped green onions and crumbled bacon just before serving.
- Cut lemon half into 4 wedges; add 1 lemon wedge to each serving.