Beef Brisket with Boiled Vegetables
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
Everything is cooked in one pot in simmering liquid spiced with bay leaves, peppercorns and cloves. It makes an impressive company dinner.
- Wipe beef brisket with damp paper towel.
- Place in a large kettle.
- Cover with water.
- Add onion, celery, parsley, garlic and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer about 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef from liquid.
- Keep warm.
- Add potatoes and carrots to stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Add cabbage wedges.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Reheat meat, if necessary.
- Carve brisket across grain into thin slices.
- Place on serving platter.
- Surround with the cooked vegetables.
- Sprinkle with parsley.