Cheese-Broccoli Stuffed Pasta
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
"Conchighe Rigate" is the Italian name for giant shell-shaped pasta. Filled with cheese, broccoli and mushrooms and topped with more cheese. This makes an excellent meatless main dish.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 15 minutes until \"al dente.
- \" Rinse with cold water.
- Cook broccoli as directed on package.
- Chop fine and set aside.
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Add onions, mushrooms, basil, oregano, salt and broccoli.
- Stir to blend.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Add milk.
- Stir and heat to boiling.
- Cook until mixture thickens.
- Stir in shredded cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Fill cooked pasta shells with a rounded tablespoonful of broccoli mixture.
- Place into buttered shallow baking dish in single layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with cream.
- Cover and refrigerate at this point if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until heated through.