Molded Apple Salad
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
A light molded salad of diced apples, chopped walnuts and celery, with a fresh cider taste, is served with a mayonnaise dressing on the side. It is a delicious alternative to the usual Waldorf salad.
- Dissolve gelatin in cup of the cider.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add remaining cider and lemon juice.
- Chill until mixture is the thickness of unbeaten egg whites.
- Fold in apples, celery and walnuts.
- Pour into a 1-quart mold.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Unmold onto a plate lined with leaf lettuce, if you wish.
- Pass with the Mayonnaise Dressing in a side dish.
- Garnish with grapes and watercress.