Butterscotch Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In 10-inch cast iron skillet over low heat, combine 1 cup butterscotch morsels and 1/4 cup butter. Stir until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Arrange pineapple and maraschino cherries in skillet.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, remaining 1/2 cup butter and eggs and beat until creamy.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture alternately with the reservered pineapple juice. Stir in remaining morsels. Pour over pineapple.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. Immediately invert onto serving plate.
Cook Time: 40 minutes