Chicken with Bacon Stuffing
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
This is an easy roast chicken, not to be saved for special times, and a great way to use the healthful organ meats that usually are discarded.
- Wipe chicken with damp paper toweling.
- Set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Add butter to pan and cook onion until soft.
- Chop giblets into fine pieces.
- Add to onions.
- Cook about 10 minutes.
- Moisten bread with milk.
- Add parsley, black pepper, cheese, egg and rosemary.
- Mix well.
- Combine onion-bacon mixture with brad.
- Loosely stuff chicken.
- The breast skin can be loosened and extra stuffing placed between skin and flesh.
- Rub with extra rosemary.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, breast down on a rack.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Roast for 1 hour longer or until clear juices run when thigh flesh is priced.