Braised Pot Roast With Root Vegetables
Recipe Courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC
Could there be a more American meal than tender, juicy pot roast and vegetables? Sure hot dogs and apple pie are the quintessential American favorites, but chances are your Sunday dinners featured more pot roasts than frankfurters.
- Preheat oven to 250° F (120°C).
- Heat oil in large roasting pan over high heat. Season roast with salt and pepper. Brown roast on all sides and remove from pan.
- Add vegetables, herbs, and peppercorns and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add honey and cook an additional 2 minutes. Add the wine and reduce by half. Return roast to pan, add soup, beef broth, water and apple. Bring to a low simmer.
- Cover and place in oven. Cook for 4 hours. Remove vegetables and roast from pan. Cook liquid over high heat to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Serve sauce over roast and vegetables.
Servings: 4 to 6
Cook Time: 4 hours