Grilled Ahi Steaks (Yellow Fin Tuna)
- 2 Yellow Fin Tuna Steaks (8 oz)
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic (for each steak)
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Small Amount of Sea Salt, to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- In a shallow 9 X 13 inch glass dish, mix the soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper for the marinade. Remember, if you have more than 2 tuna steaks, you might need to adjust the ingredients to marinate. Marinate both sides (dredge steaks and get marinade on both sides). Let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes before grilling. *Soy sauce will overpower tuna if you marinate for too long!
- Light the grill while tuna is marinating. Once coals are white (30 minutes) spread them and clean the grill, then wipe with oil so steaks don't stick.
- Grill for 4 minutes or less per side for 1 inch steaks, depending on how you like them. Steaks should be firm with pink in the middle. If you prefer steaks to be more rare, grilling time should be 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
Serve with white and long grain wild rice and grilled yellow squash cut lengthwise, sprinkled with Sea Salt and pepper squash and drizzled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Use the same marinade as for the tuna. For grilled squash, brush with marinade frequently during grilling, and grill until just tender.