Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
This jiffy way to make candy requires no cooking. Just mix the ingredients together with a little butter and orange juice to hold them together.
- 2 tablespoons Butter or Margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon Orange Flavoring
- 2 cups Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dry Milk Powder
- 3 tablespoons Toasted Wheat Germ
- 2 cups Shredded Coconut
- 3 squares Semi-sweet Chocolate
- Coconut and Grated Lemon Rind, optional
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the melted butter, orange juice and orange flavoring.
- In separate bowl, combine powdered sugar, dry milk powder and wheat germ.
- Gradually stir into the butter mixture, mixing well.
- Add the coconut and blend until combined.
- Shape the mixture into about 2 dozen small balls, placing them on a piece of waxed paper.
- Let them stand about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering (not boiling) water.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly.
- Dip balls into the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with extra coconut and grated lemon rind, if you wish.
- Set back on waxed paper until chocolate is firm.
Servings: Makes 2 dozen